Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend

Sorry that this post took a while; it's been a busy weekend.

On Saturday, we went to a local schooling show, and I showed the pinto mare in Hunter Eq, managed to come away with a couple ribbons. It went well considering I'd ridden the horse once before and I was a bit rusty. On the fly, I hopped on another pony to show in a flat class and managed a 3rd place.

Sunday evening, we spent time with the owners of the Friesian; I think they'll be great friends, and I've already been offered a ride on the gelding, who happens to be a son of a stallion that I've heard of. Then today, I got to ride my bosses "baby" since he'll be needing exercising throughout the week; he's a very well-trained horse, "made" as we call it. I could steer him just by looking, and he'll help me to lighten my leg aids well since I'm used to riding horses with dead sides.

Possibly more later.

No comments: